Tuesday 12 January 2016

REVIEW! Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art Pen

I received a Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art Pen in my December Nailbox. Having not done a review post for a while (or any post for that matter) I though't I'd share my thoughts of this product with you all!



More pictures below!



I decided on an easy aztec-style design to test out the pen. I started out my shaking the pen well and 'pumping' it a few times to get the liquid into the nib. As you can see in the photos, the pen has a plastic nib with slits allowing the nail lacquer to filter through.

The design of the pen I cannot fault, it's nice and slim so is comfortable to hold like a pencil, unlike the Barry M nail art pens which I find too thick to hold.

Application is very simple which makes this product perfect for beginners. You simply apply a little pressure and draw the design as you would with a pen.

My only gripe about this pen is that the nib draws a line which is a bit too thick for my liking. I found it difficult to get fine, precise detail without the design bleeding into itself.

The colour payoff, although not bad, wasn't fantastic. It was quite transparent on first application which meant I had to go over the lines twice to get an opaque effect.

All in all, a great product for beginners, but perhaps not sophisticated enough for those wanting to try more daring designs.










Thanks for reading!

Fran x

No comments:

Post a Comment